Corn and Black Bean Salsa
This recipe was sent to us by Jenn Mangeri from Nashville, TN. If you have more time and would like to develop more flavor, we suggest roasting whole corn on the cob.
Author: Sweet It The Spice
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 2 cups
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Spicy Barbacoa
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can organic corn
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- 1 green onion diced both green and white parts
- ½ cucumber diced with skin
- ½ fresh lime squeezed (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving. Or make ahead and refrigerate overnight allowing flavors to develop and marinade together.
- Roast whole corn drizzled with olive oil in foil and grill at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Turn corn every 10 minutes.
- Cut corn off the cob and mix into salsa.
- Dice ½ pepper of choice (red, orange, yellow)