Feeling hungry? Need a little pick-me-up? I’ve got a recipe for Protein Power Energy Bites that’ll curb hunger and boost your protein intake!
Why is protein so important you ask? Here is a quick little science lesson. Amino acids make up protein and protein is the building blocks for muscles. Therefore our bodies require a constant supply of protein to build, repair and maintain muscle tissue. Without protein or a lack thereof, our bodies cannot function properly. As a result, our bodies would experience immune deficiency, exercise related injury, fatigue, slow wound healing and weight gain. Yikes! For all practical purposes, protein is especially important.
Protein Power Energy Bites contain minimal ingredients and do not require baking!
And chances are, most of these ingredients can be found in your very own pantry. This recipe includes Isagenix IsaLean Pro un-denatured whey protein, which I am a huge advocate of! Used as a meal replacement, this recipe includes 1/2 scoop of protein powder which is equivalent to one meal. If you’d like more information about Isagenix products, go to http://apackard.isagenix.com/isamovie
I’ve made this recipe several times, so may I suggest making 2 batches, because I’ve found that they disappear quickly. These bites are the perfect “in-between-meal” snack or are great to nibble on for dessert! Store the bites in the fridge or freezer for a quick grab-and-go and enjoy your protein boost as a result of your efforts. I hope you enjoy them as much as my husband and I do!
- ½ cup creamy organic peanut butter
- ⅓ cup unsweetened organic shredded coconut
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tbsp raw organic honey
- ½ cup chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Sweet & Salty Surrender
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- Optional: Dehydrated Raspberry Powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Mixture will be a little on the drier side, but will come together as you work with it.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop mixture out and roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place protein bite on a baking sheet layered with wax paper.
- Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes and allow to harden slightly.
- Store in a glass container either in the fridge or freezer.