Hatchery says, “if you’re anything like us, you tend to look forward to eating roasted pumpkin seeds more than you do carving the orange gourds-we don’t blame you. With so many flavor combinations out there, it’s easy to whip up something you’re bound to love. Of course, why take chances when there’s a surefire way to make super flavorful roasted pumpkin seeds, and that’s by using Sweet Is The Spice’s ‘Sweet & Salty Surrender’ blend as your flavor base. The name says it all: it’s a little sweet, a little salty, and your new favorite secret ingredient! In less than 30 minutes, these tasty morsels can be your Halloween treat.”
We couldn’t agree more!
- 1 pumpkin (or seeds from the store)
- Olive oil
- Sweet & Salty Surrender
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a hole out of the top of the pumkin.
- *Be sure to cut at a 45-degree inward angle, so as to prevent the lid from falling in when you replace it.
- Scoop out the seeds and place them in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a colander or large strainer and rinse thoroughly.
- Dry completely with a paper towel.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread the seeds out and coat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle Sweet & Salty Surrender over seeds.
- Toss to coat evenly and spread the seeds into an even layer.
- Place the seeds in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Store in a glass container for several weeks.