A healthy snack by itself or toss in a salad, add to trail mix or granola for a spicy little kick.
Author: Sweet It The Spice
Recipe type: Appetizer/Snack
Serves: ½ cup
- ½ cup organic pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp. organic canola oil
- 1 tsp. fine grain sea salt plus ½ tsp. for sprinkling
- 1 tsp. Spicy Barbacoa
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, fill halfway with water and add 1 tsp. salt.
- Turn heat on medium and boil.
- Once boiling, add pumpkin seeds and boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain contents of pot in a colander.
- Transfer seeds to a paper towel and pat dry.
- Toss seeds with oil in a container with a lid until well coated.
- Add in ½ tsp. sea salt and toss again until coated.
- Spread seeds on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Outer shell should be a light golden color.
- Transfer to a dry, clean container with a lid and add the Spicy Barbacoa.
- Toss until coated.