Maple Bacon Meatballs
The addition of maple syrup adds an unexpected subtle sweetness while being savory at the same time. Make them as an entrée, serve with spaghetti or serve alongside eggs and toast.
Author: Sweet It The Spice
Recipe type: Entree/Poultry/Beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tbsp. plus 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1-1/2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup cooked bacon pieces (about 15 strips) drained and cooled
- 2.5 lbs. ground turkey (or beef, or a combination of the both)
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Herbal Fusion
- ¼ cup organic dark maple syrup or Grade B
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan drizzled with 2 tbsp. olive oil, sauté onion on medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper and sauté while mixing together for about 3 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add turkey, bacon, breadcrumbs, Herbal Fusion, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, ½ tbsp. salt and 1-1/2 tbsp. black pepper.
- Add in cooled onion mixture and mix with clean hands until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Form 2 inch meatballs and place on 2 parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 min.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Makes 24 meatballs
Also, consider trying The Sacred Olives olive oils and vinegar’s, such as Organic Garlic Olive Oil and Aged Pure Maple Balsamic.