This olive tapenade with figs and mint offers an unexpected yet flavorful combination of ingredients.
This is a sophisticated yet simple appetizer that is sure to please your guests. Serve along side bagel chips, Triscuits or toasted baguette. Or create a meat and cheese board with a combination of spicy and mild charcuterie, slightly salted and softer cheeses, grapes and fresh figs. This olive tapenade would make a wonderful addition. Or mix this olive tapenade into homemade burgers! Just add 1 tbsp. of olive tapenade to 1/4 pound ground beef or turkey. Add more olive tapenade proportionally based on amount of meat used.
- ¾ cup pitted oil-cured black olives
- ¾ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 7 small dried organic figs
- 2 tbsp. capers drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup packed mint leaves
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Herbal Fusion
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Put all ingredients in a food processor except for the olive oil and (optional) sea salt and begin to pulse several times, chopping up ingredients.
- Turn processor on and begin to slowly pour in olive oil in a steady stream.
- Mixture should be thick.
- Serve immediately with Triscuits, bagel chips, toasted bread or pita bread.
- Store in glass container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Purchase Herbal Fusion to create this recipe.