This recipe was featured by The Feed Feed community website in their “DIY Holiday Gifts” feed during Christmas.
Get our Sweet & Salty Surrender blend to make this recipe.
This will definitely be a family favorite!
Sweet Is The Spice Banana Bread
Author: Sweet Is The Spice
Recipe type: Bread
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Sweet & Salty Surrender plus 1 tsp to sprinkle on top
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 4 really ripe bananas
- ¼ cup walnut oil (such as La Tourangelle)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup walnut pieces or walnuts roughly chopped
- OPTIONAL-Substitute our Sweet & Salty Pecans roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a whisk.
- Add bananas. Using a potato masher or fork, mash bananas, but leave chunks for added texture.
- Add in oil and water and mix with a spoon to incorporate.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. (Batter will be thick and lumpy.)
- Add in nuts and stir to combine.
- Spray 4 mini loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan with coconut cooking spray.
- Fill pans halfway with batter and bake.
- Mini loaf pans about 30 min.
- Large loafs 55-60 min.
- Cool bread in pans on wire racks for about 15 min.
- Remove and place on wire racks to cool before serving.