Chimichurri Pesto is perfect on steak, fish, pork chops, chicken, eggs, (green eggs and ham?) toast, on a sandwich, tortilla, veggies, potatoes, mixed in pasta, over shrimp, or thinned out to make a vinaigrette. Versatile? No? I say, you are missing out on a pantry staple by not making a jar of this chimichurri pesto yourself! The ingredients are simple and you probably have more than 3/4 of the ingredients in your kitchen. Go and make this chimichurri pesto now…you won’t regret it!
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 cup parsley leaves and stems
- 1 tsp. Herbal Fusion
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup parmesan romano cheese grated
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse all ingredients minus the olive oil.
- Turn the processor on and slowly drizzle the oil, allowing the mixture to thin just slightly.
- Be sure all ingredients have been completely combined.
- Store in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- ***Add more olive oil to consistency of a vinaigrette to thin out. Use over salads or as a marinade.
Get Herbal Fusion here
Add a little something “extra” with The Sacred Olive’s Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oils