Photo by: Eric Calabrese
Grab a bag of Sweet & Salty Surrender to make your maple mashed sweet potatoes unforgettable.
- 3 large sweet potatoes such as red garnet, beauregard or jewel (not white or purple varieties)
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbsp real maple syrup, then more to taste for a sweeter option
- 1 tbsp Sweet & Salty Surrender
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts or pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prick sweet potatoes multiple times on both sides with a fork. Wrap each sweet potato with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven 40 minutes*. Turn over and continue to bake until a knife easily glides through potatoes, about 30 - 50 minutes longer.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle or using oven mitts, peel potatoes or scoop flesh from peels into a large bowl.
- Mash with a potato masher or fork. Texture will be chunky.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup and Sweet & Salty Surrender. Using an electric hand mixer blend on low speed until combined, season with more Sweet & Salty Surrender to taste. Increase mixer speed and whip until smoother and creamy. Set aside.
- In a small pan on medium heat, toast nuts until just fragrant for about 5 minutes. Be sure not to burn nuts.
- Sprinkle nuts and fresh thyme over potatoes and serve.