Before you toss your stale bread, try this recipe! I promise, you will never purchase stuffing in a box again.
Author: Sweet It The Spice
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 cups Herbal Fusion Croutons (see recipe)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ medium white onion diced
- 2 stalks celery hearts diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or craisins
- ⅛-1/4 cup homemade chicken broth
- In a large sauté pan, cook onion and celery with olive oil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes stirring constantly being sure garlic does not burn.
- Add in croutons, cranberries and chicken broth.
- Mix to combine.
- If you feel like the stuffing is too dry, add in a bit more chicken broth a little at a time until the desired texture is achieved.
- Serve immediately.
- *To achieve a stuffing "crust", spray a 9X9 casserole dish with cooking spray. Place stuffing in casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 min.