Garlic Confit can be used in any dish that calls for garlic. Slow-roasting garlic subdues it’s “bite” and is more muted in flavor. Use on your favorite homemade pizza, mix into caramelized brussel sprouts or hummus. Smear on a toasted bagel with cream cheese, or make garlic bread.
Try this recipe using Garlic Confit: Spaghetti with Herb Garlic Confit Marinara with Spicy Mini Meatballs
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 8 heads of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 1 tsp Herbal Fusion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine olive oil, garlic and Herbal Fusion in a medium baking dish.
- Be sure the garlic is submerged in the oil.
- Bake until lightly browned for about 45 min to 1 hour.
- Garlic should still be able to hold their shape.
- Remove and let cool to room temperature.
- Store garlic in an airtight container with enough olive oil to cover completely.
- Strain remaining olive oil and reserve in a swing-top bottle to future uses.