Star fruit and jalapeno margarita is an interesting and intriguing twist on a classic.
It’s not quite a margarita on the rocks, however it’s not quite a frozen margarita either…it has the consistency of both worlds. Just like a classic Bloody Mary, everyone seems to have a certain preference as to how they enjoy their cocktail of choice. Adjust certain ingredients or measurements if you’re looking for a sweeter or spicier margarita.
- 2 oz 100% blue agave silver tequila
- 2 tbsp. star fruit and jalapeno jam
- 2 tsp. lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp. blue agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. plus 1-1/2 tsp. cold water
- ¼ inch slice fresh star fruit with skin
- 3-4 small ice cubes or 1-2 large ice cubes
- Optional * ⅛-1/4 inch slice fresh jalapeno for extra heat
- Optional * large flake salt to coat rim of glass
- In a blender or Vitamix, add all ingredients and blend until completely combined.
- Fill a 6-8 oz glass with ice.
- Pour margarita into ice filled glass.
- Garnish with a slice of star fruit and jalapeno.